Join our Web Excellence Program by sharing the benefits of Toastmasters to current and potential members through your web site. Use FREE website services like FreeToastHost2, WordPress, Google Sites, or your own domain and your club’s site could be award-winning! Qualifying clubs will be recognized within one of 3 levels of achievement: Excellence, Achiever or Quality. The winning webmaster with most points will be recognized at Summer TLI, and win TLI tickets for their club officers!
The Web Excellence Program is open to all Toastmasters club webmasters in District 12. The primary webmaster or a representative must be present at the District Conference to accept the award.
Evaluation period is August 15 – November 15 in the Fall and February 15 – May 15 in the Spring, and final decisions will take place within a week.
- Check the list here to verify your Club site’s web address (URL.)
- To correct club website URL: please submit to correct info to Toastmasters International and contact email@example.com.
Entries will be judged on the site’s CONTENT and PRESENTATION with an emphasis on portraying the benefits of the Toastmasters program to meet personal and professional goals.
Mandatory Minimums to Be Considered for the Web Site Excellence Program:
- Current Toastmaster Branding Logo (Toastmaster’s Brand Manual)
- A link to the club’s Website on the corresponding Toastmasters International “Find a Club” web page.
- A link to the D12toastmasters.org website
- At least 3 supporting content pages that are original (not simple links to others content.) Great examples are: About our meeting, a Sample Meeting agenda, newsletters, FAQ’s, Club President’s Welcome message)
CONTENT – 65 points
- Promotion [21 points]
- Welcome message/ invitation to attend on front page [3 pts]
- Basic Club Description – Club Profile [3 pts]
- Meeting info – Time and Place [3 pts]
- Upcoming Events [3 pts]
- Club Contact Information: phone + email [3 pts]
- At least one link to a Social Media Website (Facebook, Instagram, MeetUp, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Linked-In) [3 pts]
- At least 3 supporting content pages that are original (not links to other’s content.) Great examples are: About our meeting, a Sample Meeting agenda, newsletters, FAQ’s, Club President’s Welcome message) [3 pts]
- Education [9 points]
- Educational Materials / Articles [3 pts]
- Policies [3 pts]
- List of CC and CL components [3 pts]
- Member Information [22 points]
- Calendar / Schedule [3 pts]
- News about Recent Meetings or Events [4 pts]
- Photos with captions of recent Member Recognition and Club achievements [4 pts]
- Business Items [3 pts]
- At least 5 member bio/testimonials on a members page stating what benefits those members have received from Toastmasters membership [4 pts]
- Current club officers listed [4 pts]
- Administrative Content [18 points]
- Timeliness / Information Up to Date [3 pts]
- Webmaster E-mail Address [3 pts]
- Links to District 12 website [3 pts]
- Toastmasters International Copyright Notice [3 pts]
- Credit to Previously Published Sources [3 pts]
- Other Copyright Information (where required) [3 pts]
- Navigation and Organization (18 points)
- Easy to Find What You Need [6 pts]
- Logical Structure [6 pts]
- Clearly Defined Categories [6 pts]
- Page Design / Layout (12 points)
- Appropriate Graphics [3 pts]
- Clean Layout [3 pts]
- Easy to Scan Page Content [3 pts]
- Spelling / Grammar / Punctuation [3 pts]
*(All decisions by Website Excellence Program team are final)
Final Requirement for Excellence Status:
Complete the Excellence test. One of the most important functions of the website is to allow a potential member to ask a question and get a prompt answer. Sometime after your club’s site review is completed, the Web Excellence committee will ask for information from your “Contact Us” link. To qualify as Excellence designation Website, your club must respond within 24 hours. In the spirit of fairness, the test will occur between Monday and Friday, and not on a holiday.
Recognition will be awarded as follows:
NEW: Submit your website for review before September 30th and your club will get $ to spend at the District Store
- Website Excellence: 85+ points and pass the Excellence test
- Website Achiever: 75 – 84 points
- Website Quality: 65 – 74 points
- Websites recognized with Excellence, Achiever and Quality will be listed in the Fall and Spring Conference programs.
- Excellence designated websites’ links will be featured on the District 12 Website.
This Program is modeled after efforts of Founders District and District 52 Website Recognition Initiatives